Your password is important. Not only does it help to prevent identity theft it also keeps your student information secure. For these reasons, it is imperative to have good strong passwords.
Here are a few things you can do to create and keep your passwords safe.
- Do not share your password
- Never let your students see your password
- Do not save your password. You can read this article "Can You Trust Your Browser With Your Passwords?" from PC World to see why not.
- A strong password should be over eight characters and combine letters, numbers, and symbols
- Choose a phrase and use the first letter of each word to make your password. For example “In the local store the pears are $1” the password would “Itlstpa$1”