Websites must be vetted when students are saving information to that site.
In order for a website to be fully vetted by the district, the site must follow:
- The vendor should collect only information necessary to provide the service
- The data should never be sold
- All account information should be deleted upon canceling the account
- Parents should be able to have access to the account in compliance with FERPA
- Any data collection should be encrypted
- If the vendor sells the company, the receiving company must adhere to the privacy policies unless you are notified