Student Data Privacy
As online education increases so must the diligence to keep students data private. The federal government has created policies on this topic that districts must adhere to. You can read more at the Privacy Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) at the U.S. Department of Education.
Please adhere to the following to assure student data privacy.
Inform parents of any online activity where student data will be used on a website like a name, age, or student work
Teach students to
- Never share or save passwords
- Never give out personal information such as name, address, phone number online
- Never use a personal picture of themselves for their Google account or online
- Never talk to people online they do not know
- Always tell a teacher if they see something that makes them feel uncomfortable online