2017 - 2018 Inclusive Preschool ProgramThe Union Township School District will offer inclusive preschool for the 2017 – 2018 school year. A teacher, who is certified in both elementary education and special education, along with one instructional aide, will teach the class. The curriculum is aligned with the New Jersey State Standards for Preschool. The children are taught through hands-on learning, as well as visual and auditory approaches. Throughout the school year, the children will be exposed to various strategies and techniques to establish a foundation for educational success. Students will acquire various skills, such as cognitive, fine motor, gross motor, social, and self-help skills.Applicants must be Union Township residents and must be three or four years old on or before October 1, 2017 to qualify. Applications are due to the Special Services Office no later than 3:00 pm on Friday, April 14, 2017. There is a limited amount of students that will be selected. If the number of applicants exceeds available slots, a lottery will be held on Wednesday, April 19, 2017. Parents will be notified whether their child’s name has been drawn. If spaces remain in the preschool program, admission may be granted until the program is full, as children meet the age requirement (3 or 4).
- The Inclusive Preschool will be held on Monday through Friday from 9:00 to 11:30 am or from 12:30 - 3:00 pm. The classees will follow the Regular Union Township School calendar relevant to opening and closing dates and school holidays.
- The tuition will be $350.00 per month and parents will be responsible for transportation
- There will be wrap around programs available this year. The morning Cub Care program will run from 9 am - 12:30 pm and the afternoon Cub Care program will run from 11:30 am - 3:00 pm. For details on this program and costs, please contact Donna Eberling directly at 908-735-5511 X6343.
- Before and after care is also available this year. Please contact Donna Eberling directly at 908-735-5511 X6343 for more information.
- Residents can call the Main Office at 908-735-5511 X6016 with any questions.